If you had a car accident in Richmond Hill would you know your rights?
For over 15 years, Jeffery Shinehoft has exclusively represented people injured in accidents or wrongdoings in Vaughan.
Jeffrey is a member of a number of legal associations including the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association and the Toronto Law Association. He is a trial lawyer who has won trials and arbitrations. He has also settled hundreds of cases for injured clients maximizing their recovery. His contacts are deep-rooted in the medical rehabilitation, treatment, engineering, actuarial and other sectors essential for client support and recovery.
He is a past board member of the Brain Injury Association of York Region and is a regular guest speaker and writer for this and other organizations educating about, and advocating for, the rights of people who have suffered serious injury.
Accident Benefits are available even if the crash involved only one vehicle.
To find out if you qualify for these benefits, it’s important to apply to your own auto insurance company immediately. Typically, you will have up to 30-days to file all the correct paperwork with the insurer. We recommend contacting a lawyer before starting this process to ensure your legal rights are protected.
Our firm can help you from the start in filing a claim with your insurance company and we have the expertise to maximize your benefits even if the accident was your fault.
Possible Benefit Claims
There are several possible benefits available to you as a result of an accident.
As a Vaughan personal injury lawyer that services this and other communities around the GTA, there are several benefit options. The most common are:
- Income Replacement Benefits: You may be able to receive 70% of your gross income up to the policy limits, should you be disabled from work. These benefits will start as early as a week after the accident. Should the expiration period pass, and you are still unable to work due to injury, they can be revisited and renewed.
- Medical Benefits: Depending on the extent of any injuries sustained your insurance company will owe different amounts. The coverage will vary from $3,500 to $1,000,000 for reasonable and necessary expenses for the purpose of reducing or eliminating the effects of any disability resulting from the impairment or to facilitate the reintegration into your family, the rest of society, and the labour market. Your medical team and the characterization of your injury are of critical importance to your recovery.
- Catastrophic Impairments: We will ensure that your claim is maximized and all sources of coverage are optimized. In certain cases, an injury will be defined as Catastrophic. We have worked to secure this designation for many clients which has triggered significant amounts of critical funding.
- Attendant Care Benefits, Family Benefits, and Death Benefits: There are additional claims you can make to maximize your benefits for you and for your family. These range from compensating family members for taking care of you, to funds for weekly housekeeping.
York Region car accidents yesterday, York Region car accidents today, you would not know by the news, but accident rates are actually going down. But, according to police, fatalities are going up – especially motorcycle fatalities.
There are three main reasons to hire a motorcycle accident attorney:
- Lost wage recovery: Jeffrey Shinehoft Personal Injury Law helps with everything from filing the right insurance claim or lawsuit to securing third-party loans to cover lost past and future wages if recovery is lengthy.
- Access to medical professionals: To support our clients, we work with orthopedic surgeons, vocational therapists, physiotherapists, and other professionals to provide both critical care and evidence for your case.
- Ability to focus on recovery: Our job is to obtain maximum compensation for you. This can mean anything from negotiations with your insurance company to a lawsuit against the driver who was at fault. Your job can now be to focus on recovery.